result 745

Can U Overdose On Biotin?

What happens if I take too much biotin? Biotin supplements can cause problems if you take too much. Side effects can include skin rashes, digestive upset, problems with insulin release, and kidney problems.

Is 10000 mcg of biotin too much? Mayo Clinic states that 10,000 mcg is a safe dose, as no adverse side effects have been noted to date. Reassuringly, even “mega doses” of 300,000 mcg found no side effects in neurological research.

How much biotin is too much? No toxicity of excess biotin intake has been described. “It is a B vitamin, so it is difficult to overdose on it—most people will urinate out what they do not need,” says Johnson. “With that said, I suggest not taking more than the daily recommended dose of 30-100 mcg per day for an adult.

Related Questions

Can U Overdose On Biotin

There is no specific antidote for overdosing on biotin. Excess in the body is rare, and since biotin is a water-soluble vitamin, it is excreted in the urine when in excess. Signs and symptoms of biotin overdose may include and are not limited to insomnia, excessive thirst, and urination.

RELATED:  Biotin And Black Seed Oil

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *