Vitamins 696x496 1

What Happens If You Eat 4 Vitamin Gummies

Broncos Fire Head Coach Vic Fangio

Vitamins, they most likely will experience mild symptoms, but you should still call Poison Control immediately. But it’s unlikely you’ll need emergency aid if you eat too many gummy vitamins. While indisputably more appetizing than regular vitamins, gummy vitamins make it hard for children to differentiate between them and candy.
This can cause unintended overconsumption. In fact, poison control centers report getting phone calls every day about children eating large amounts of gummy vitamins – sometimes 20, 30, or even 40 at a time. Here’s what happens when you or a child takes too many gummy vitamins, and if you need to seek medical attention.

Can You Overdose On Gummy Vitamins?

Gummy multivitamins contain a variety of vitamins and minerals, some of which are toxic in large doses and others that are not. These include:

General advice: It’s important to note all gummy vitamins differ in terms of the recommended dosage. It’s important to note that this is just an example using two types of multivitamins ( Nature Made Kids First for children, and Nature Made Multivitamin gummies for adults), but each multivitamin varies in terms of how much and what types of vitamins they contain.

RELATED:  Sources Of Vitamin C And K

What Happens If You Eat Too Many Gummy Vitamins?

What to do if you or your child has eaten too many gummy vitamins

If you think you or your child has taken too many gummy vitamins, here are some steps Daly recommends you take:

Call the Poison Control number immediately: (800) 222-1222. Drink plenty of water

If your child has consistently been taking above the recommended dosage of gummy vitamins for a long period of time, they may develop chronic toxicity, which warrants a trip to the doctor. Signs of chronic toxicity include:

Muscle and bone pain

Hair loss

Calcium deposits

Gastrointestinal distress

Headache

Insider’s takeaway

While the number of vitamins and minerals in children’s gummy vitamins shouldn’t cause a fatal overdose, caregivers should always treat ingesting too many vitamins as an emergency situation and immediately call Poison Control for Assistance.
You should also keep gummy vitamins out of reach of children. Related articles from Health Reference:

RELATED:  Collagen For Muscle Pain

Read the original article on Insider.

What Is The Best Gummy Vitamin?

There are gummy versions of single vitamins and minerals.
Very high doses can cause adverse effects. Fat-soluble vitamins: Your body stores these types in fatty tissue, so they are harder to eliminate if you take too high a dose. Minerals: Your body needs minerals like calcium, potassium, and iron.
They can build up in your heart, brain, and liver—then, cause problems when they reach toxic levels. While many people think you can’t have too much of a good thing, it’s possible to consume too much of certain vitamins. Vitamins and minerals that could cause issues if over-consumed include:

It’s important to note that gummy vitamins might contain different amounts of the nutrients than what is shown on the label, and there may be additives like sugars, food coloring, or sugar alcohols that could cause issues when consumed in high quantities.
Related: Vitamin A details | Vitamin C details | Vitamin D details | Vitamin E details | Vitamin K details | Iron details

RELATED:  Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer

Try the SingleCare prescription discount card.

What Happens If You Eat Too Many Gummy Vitamins?

While you are likely rightfully concerned if you or your child eats too many gummy vitamins, the side effects will likely be mild, says Ashanti Woods, MD, a pediatrician at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland. This is especially true if the child consumes a very small handful of vitamins, one time.
Overtime excessive intake of any vitamin supplement can cause serious health complications. Overconsumption of vitamin E could lead to bleeding, and vitamin D could lead to excess calcium in the blood, says Dr. Cooperman. Excessive consumption of vitamins A, C, and D can include nausea, rash, headache, and even more severe effects, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
Chronic over-ingestion of gummy vitamins would likely be more problematic than a one-time incidence. “Many multivitamin preparations contain water-soluble vitamins, which are eliminated relatively quickly through the urine,” Dr. Wood says. There are a variety of gummies marketed for children, with many different medicinal and non-medicinal ingredients.
It’s important for medical providers to know exactly what was in the specific vitamins that your child consumed.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *